Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Stop showing your ass at my work!!!!

So we all know I work in a bar. We all also know I "DJ" in a bar. Now, why the quotations? Because I am not an actual "DJ" like I don't scratch records and all that fancy jazz. I am not embarrassed about this or try and deny it. But I do give huge props to people that do, I know a couple and they are A-mazing!!! But here is the deal, I fell into it. About 5 years ago when I was managing a local bar, our DJ walked out and it was busy, so I did what I always do and covered his ass. As a manager I feel it is your duty to learn and know how to perform all duties in the place you are in charge of...it is called competency, look it up:) Anyhoo, it was fun, I love music and I sort of have a knack for it. I mostly DJ hip hop and dance with alot of old school shit, cuz I am old. SO with that being said, after quitting the bar I managed, I kept going with the "DJ" thing because I needed to work and shockingly I have a pretty large following. So I moved to a different bar, the owner was a douche-nugget, walked out of there and landed this kick ass gig at the Oasis. I LOVE IT!!! The owners are amazing to me, and I make pretty awesome money. Put it this way, I make more working 2 days a week then I could working full-time....SO go me!!!!

At the original bar I managed we started this thing called 'Dolla dolla beer" night. Basically from 9-2 we did dollar drafts and I played hip hop. It brought a HUGE crowd. But, with that crowd came a lot of problems, fights, etc. Now call me stupid...(I wish you would) BUT I would ASSume that people who are my "friends" would understand that this is my J O B....this is how I feed my family and pay my bills. Ya, obviously I am stupid. Cuz here is the deal. It is embarrassing to me when my "friends" start fights....due to the fact that afterwards they are shocked when there are repercussions to their behavior. Look here is the deal, if I walked into a store and stole something, would I be SHOCKED if I was kicked out and/or arrested?? Probably not, it is called cause and effect.

I am tired of it. It is a complete lack of respect of me and my family. Not to mention it makes you look like a huge douche-canoe (thanks Carmen, I am using that now....BEST WORD EVER). If you don't show me respect, why the fuck should I show you any.  You chose to behave in that way, you chose to 'act a fool' in my place of business, therefore, you chose the results of your actions. You have nobody to blame but yourself.

So on that note, just because I work in a bar, does not mean you can do whatever the fuck you want and I will 'have your back'. I won't. It is my JOB. I do not have that power. And I am over it. Grow up or fuck off....that's my motto....and I personally think it's better then Drake's......*hip hop reference, look it up*

No comments:

Post a Comment